Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dud Week

An excellent mileage week was followed by a completely dud week - as with life, running is full of its ups and downs. Had travelled out of Bangalore for a couple of days and returned with an upset stomach due to which I was unable to run the whole week - that is - 7 days in which zero run mileage was logged. While I was down with the bad stomach for a couple of days I also realised that the motivation to get up in the morning and get out of the door has reduced considerably after the loss of my Garmin 305. Having got used to one for nearly 3 years , running is not the same without one. I did a 90 minutes run this morning after a break of 7 days and without a Garmin did not enjoy it much. Will be ordering a new unit from Amazon soon. Meanwhile, here is a picture of the dead and broken unit.


The one good achievement of this week is the purchase of Schwinn Searcher Sport - a hybrid cycle. Will be writing about my research on buying a cycle in Bangalore and also experience with this cycle in the enxt few weeks.

1 comment:

Shantanu said...

Congrats for the new bike! Lets bike together sometime now!!!

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...